Sunday, September 14, 2008

Little monkey gets the royal treatment


I have to say that I work for such a phenomenal company. ResMed's Annual Sales Meeting was the last week in August. This was my fourth year attending, but was so much different now that I am a mom. There were so many things to consider: How was I going to do my job (which is a bit more intense during this week when the "work day" is much longer than the standard 9-5) and tend to Luke's needs? Answer: Bring Luke to the Four Seasons Aviara in Carlsbad and have my mom watch him while I work! It worked out seemlessly! I was able to nurse Luke in between sessions, put him down for bed and then do the late night preparations for the next day.

I tried to keep my little scheme on the down low, but people were so supportive when I did divulge about the arrangement! HR and Alison, our event planner, were amazingly encouraging. Alison even told me that if there was anything I needed for Luke just to tell the front desk and get it. There wasn't anything - we had brought our own Pack 'n Play - but just to know that they were supportive of me really living out a work/life balance was inspiring.

Here is a picture of Luke getting ready for bed after his "Turn down" service and also a picture of Luke on the very plush bed. My mom is in the background enjoying a little "time off" with a book. For his first hotel stay he could have done a lot worse - about five stars worse! Hope he doesn't think this is standard for the Gapen Family!

I have to thank my mom who was invaluable during these few days: THANKS MOMMY! I know Luke loved getting to spend all that time with his Grandma too. My mom provided a lot of peace of mind to me as Luke woke up teething like crazy on Monday with a runny nose and a cough.

No comments: