







Luke was born on his due date, April 14, 2008! My labor was very manageable until we started driving to the hospital. At that point Luke turned to create what is known as “back labor” but Ryan helped me through it every second of the way. We did the Bradley method – all natural – and little Luke made his debut at 5:42pm on Monday. Because we didn’t find out what gender baby we were having, when Ryan announced “It’s a boy,” I had such a rush! It was a lot of fun to have it be a surprise. Luke weighed in at 7 pounds, 11 ounces. Luke started holding his head up immediately after birth and was very alert.
We had a birthday party in the delivery room when all of his family showed up. My parents and siblings: Grandma and Grandpa May, Grandma and Grandpa Whitaker, Uncle Gabriel and Uncle Morgan; Ryan’s mom and siblings: Nana Gapen, Auntie Summer, Uncle Adam and Aunt Jess, Uncle Todd and Aunt Charlene. My sister Cezanna and best friend Natalie couldn’t make it but they called! I have to say I was a little tired, but so excited and so content! I felt so at peace finally holding my little one in my arms. I know Ryan was psyched that we had a boy. We’d both had that suspicion throughout the pregnancy.
We had a birthday party in the delivery room when all of his family showed up. My parents and siblings: Grandma and Grandpa May, Grandma and Grandpa Whitaker, Uncle Gabriel and Uncle Morgan; Ryan’s mom and siblings: Nana Gapen, Auntie Summer, Uncle Adam and Aunt Jess, Uncle Todd and Aunt Charlene. My sister Cezanna and best friend Natalie couldn’t make it but they called! I have to say I was a little tired, but so excited and so content! I felt so at peace finally holding my little one in my arms. I know Ryan was psyched that we had a boy. We’d both had that suspicion throughout the pregnancy.
We made "the baby" special clothes to wear which were tagged with tie dye, Bob Marley patches, Rage Against the Machine patches, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Johnny Cash patches. He was our rock star straight away! If his actions in the womb are any indication, he may be predisposed to be a drummer!
Lots of family and friends came to see Luke on Tuesday at the hospital including my sister Cez, cousin Lisa, friends Jenna, Treasure, Graywyn and Jennifer. Ryan's cousins Jonathan and Brian and friend Marcus came along with his sister Summer. I might have forgotten some people it was such a blur! Wednesday we came home.

No comments:
Post a Comment