Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Luke in utero


My pregnancy was uncomplicated and smooth. I had morning sickness for the first four, almost five, months. Luke and I did lots of things together. I was scheduled to do a lot of work away from home early on. In fact, the week after we found out that I was pregnant I attended my company’s annual sales meeting in Carlsbad where I had to sneak back to my hotel room to be sick!

A couple of weeks after that, I went to Sweden for a meeting with my colleagues at an international convention. I was so lucky that my mom was able to go with me. I became very comfortable throwing up in the plane or a train as we travelled from one end of the country to the other. My mom ironed my work clothes and took care of me so that I could act normal with my work counterparts! We were able to meet up with cousins Lars and Ulla in Gothenburg. It was a really special time for my mom and me.

In October, Ryan and I went to Laughlin with his company where we did a little Seado-ing.

In January, Luke and I did the Carlsbad half marathon! We finished 13.1 miles in 3 hours and 5 minutes, about a 14 minute mile pace.

In March I travelled to Sacramento to get certified to train a program for ResMed and was able to meet up with Natalie. She SPOILED me with a pregnancy massage at a spa and pedicure. Plus she took me shopping for a little something to wear at my shower! She was preggo too and is due in September!

No comments: