After two weeks of a violent stomach flu that cycled through our home, we were able to pull of Luke's first birthday party at Mast Park in Santee on April 25th. It was a lot more work than I anticipated! I don't think we'll be able to do one of those every year! But, it was really worth it. Ryan and I will always remember how he literally tried to inhale his cupcake. He would not let his lips separate from it!
Thanks to all of you who made it so special for us!
For those of you who couldn't make it, enjoy these snapshots.
But, I had to open it all; he was busy being the social butterfly.
Many of you know I have an issue with food planning. My worst fear is that we'll run out. This time though, my neurosis had a victim: Nana Carol. I had her make 6 dozen cupcakes since 30-40 people had RSVPd and I thought, you know, cupcakes are one of those dessert items you can throw back like 2 or 3 -- or maybe that's just me? In any case, we had a little over 3 dozen left over . . .in addition to 2 dozen hot dogs and buns. Sorry Nana!
No comments:
Post a Comment