Saturday, March 28, 2009

My buddy, Wesley

My best friend, Natalie, who lives in Sacramento was able to come down for a visit with her husband Mike and thier amazing little man, Wesley Patrick Gebhart.

Wes was born September 18, 2008 and it has killed me that I wasn't able to go up and see him. Seriously, I would have dreams of me not holding him yet, but an hour plane ride can still be so far! So needless to say, we were so glad to have them down!


He's really here! Wes is such a smiley baby!
Luke gives love!
Here the boys are playing ball. Having two babies play is interesting. You want them to get close enough to play, and even touch, but you worry that their overexcitement, flailing arms and new teeth might do unintended injury!

What did we do over the four days?

Went to the zoo - with a gaggle of moms (and Mike) with our babies: Summer with Nat and Nate; Brooke with Kayden; Me with Luke; Mike and Nat with Wes. We mostly fed the babies, walked from one bathroom to another, and saw a few animals in between! Check out the video Mike and Nat compiled of the zoo and Sea World!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqUS4QAS5yQ

Dined out at Filippis - We took that same gaggle, then added the dads to dinner. People looked at us like we were nuts going into the restaurant: 8 adults and 5 kids. I'm sure they were thinking, "Oh great, when is the screaming going to start?" The babies were really good though. We came back to our house for dessert and just talked for awhile.

Went to Sea World - Check out some pics:

I've got the best seat in Shamu Stadium!
Here Luke is riding Daddy's shoulders through the Shark Encounter.
I was praying he didn't fall into the shark tank.
Mom, I'll take that - you just watch the dolphin show!

Duncan, the star of the show.

This is a pilot whale that can jump pretty high for as long as it is!
I was impressed!

Ate at Phil's BBQ - The wait was totally worth it! Wes and Luke were really patient. We did discover that Luke has an affinity for Heifenweizen. Ryan caught Luke, not one, but twice, picking up his cup of beer and swigging it (with both hands). I think his shirt got more of it than anything!

No comments: