Saturday, March 28, 2009

Belated Welcome to Baby Nate

This big boy weighed in at 9 pounds, 1 ounce!

Nathaniel Matthew Becker was born LATE on Friday January 16th, 2009.

He was vigorously sucking his thumb when I first got to see him and was wide awake.

Can't wait for him and Luke to develop a close cousin-ship.
Of course, that will be contingent on whether Luke can relinquish his jealousy.

If Nana or I hold Nate, it doesn't matter where Luke is, or how happily, and self-sufficiently he was playing by himself, he needs to be held at that exact moment too.
We're working on that! It is getting a lot better!

I wonder if they will be like peas in a pod, best buds all the time - or have that on again/off again, contentious, competitive streak some cousins do . . .they're nine months apart, so it could easily go either way!

Nate's already two months old now, but here are some newer pictures of him from his baby shower, February 21st. (Thanks Aunt Peggy for the pics.)

I put together a small meet and greet luncheon for Summer and Nate to celebrate his arrival, and all of Summer HARD work! It was heart-themed being just a week after Valentine's Day with Nate being a sweetheart.
So comfy in Mommy's sling!

Wide-eyed and bushy-tailed. This kid smiled so early! Hmph!
See? The smile! The nerve! Luke made me wait and wait.

I was compelled to post a few pics of Luke at the shower even though this is supposed to be a post about Nate. Forgive me?

These are fun to chew on.

Really, Great Grandma, you should try them!

No comments: