Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pearl Harbor and Waimea Bay


On Sunday we had to check out of our hotel in the morning, but our flight didn't leave until 11pm (the dreaded red-eye). So, we spent a lot of our day out and about. First we went to the Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor. Luke took his first boat ride to honor the soldiers who gave their life for our freedom.

Afterward we took a drive through the countryside to the northern part of the island to Waimea Bay which was gorgeous! Ryan and I traded off floating with Luke at the shore and then snorkeling. We got to see some amazing fish! I got to snorkel with a green turtle.The water was crystal clear. Sunday turned out to be my favorite day.
We had an amazing time on our first vacation as a family. Lots of memories made - at least for Ryan and I!

2 comments:

Jon and Cheryl said...

Luke is just adorable! I love your pictures from Hawaii, looks like you all had fun on your first family vacation. I think it's almost easier to travel with them while they are babies and don't want to run down the aisle of the airplane!

happymom said...

So glad you guys were able to take some time to get away and enjoy being a family - and not a bad place to vacation either!!! Love you guys!