Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summertime Swimming





Saturday July 12th Luke and I ventured up to my mom's in Corona with my broham Gabe. Uncle Gabe was very patient at trying to hold Luke's pacifier in on the drive up (Luke is not a big fan of car rides yet)!

Gabe's son Bennett had spent the week palling around with my mom at museums and stores, including the Fender museum. My brother Morgan, his wife Elsa, and son Morgancito came to swim too. We had a great hot dog lunch, which my mom's friend Billie also joined us for and brought Texas cake - a Paula Dean recipe to die for!

Luke loved the water, which I was sure he would. He loves bathtime. He was kicking and trying to put his head in the water! I think he wanted to show off for Grandma, the former lifeguard! "Not yet," I kept telling him! I want Ryan to be there when Luke employs his baby instinct to hold his breath and swim! We have to practice for Hawaii in September and Luke is rearing to try! It was a fun time for the three (of five) boy cousins.
Luke is sporting his SPF rash guard, water hat and swimmer diaper which Grandma had the foresight to get. I thought he could be free in his baby trunks, but that's not in compliance with pool rules!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks like so much fun! Luke is so fortunate to have such loving parents!! He's really getting to experience a lot already.